Quick note - there is a luggage pass through not pictured so you can carry this on a suitcase. A few changes would make this a perfect bag for me:
A more rigid carry handle - it will often lie down in the path of the zipper for your CCW & interfere with access
Enlarge the loop square at the top of the bag so you can secure the front flap up there for an intermediate level of ease access.
Flaps to secure contents in the vertical pouches on the fold out flap.
Make one of the full depth red zippered mesh pockets outside the laptop compartment 2 half depth pockets.
awesome quality just not for me
By Tom Tobias in New Mexico USA , 5 months ago
Honestly I was disappointed in the EDC Satchel the quality and workmanship is outstanding, my disappointment is in the the arrangement of the pockets and it's rather small I could not put a legal pad in the satchel, my tablet was not easy to get in and out of the storage area, if the bag is full the water pocket on the sides are useless, the front zip open pouch could not hold my molle edc organizer that has a small flashlight, a small multi-tool my tactical pen and a small pocket knife ear bud's and a phone charger. I like the little key storage compartment ( put the flashlight in there) I love the bag but it's not good for me on a daily basis. I am going to keep it and use it for weekend travel and light use. I carry a kimber ultra carry, a kahr CW40 or my Ruger GP100 on any given day, the concealed area holds my full size 1911 very well but makes the bag very heavy and tips over on it's side. I wish it had a carry handle too. The little pockets on the zip open main compartment are a good idea but fail to secure pens or highlighters well. This bag may just be my travel bag for times when I don't have to carry work items.
Outstanding laptop / CCW / messenger bag!
By Paul Weaver in NY / USA , 8 months ago
I have been using this bag on a regular basis - at least once per week, more often three-plus times per week since March - so about 7 months now. I am very impressed with the quality of the construction, the general bag layout, and the overall utility of this bag. I carry a 14.5"x10" laptop with ease in the dedicated padded pocket, a few folders and a full sized notepad in the forward space (along with a general assortment of pens, reading glasses, small notepads, etc), and some bad-day stuff in the very front section (tourniquet, dressing, pocket knife, strap cutter, gloves). In the CCW compartment I have plenty of room for a full-size M1911 with one loaded 10-rd mag and two spares, along with a 2-AA flashlight.
The grey color scheme works great in my college town - although I'm ultra-careful to avoid carrying on campus I don't hesitate to carry with this bag off-campus - it never even draws a glance, melding in perfectly with ordinary bags carried by faculty and students alike.
Carrying with everything in it does present a bit of a weight challenge - not exactly something I'd want to run around all day with this slung on my shoulder fully loaded - but that's unavoidable given the amount of stuff crammed into it; it is remarkably comfortable and easy to wear, access and manipulate.
I recommend this wholeheartedly, and will soon be purchasing a smaller version for times when I don't need to lug the computer around.
Perfect for EDC and work
By CJHARP in PA/USA , 11 months ago
I already own a Gamut Plus pack and like it but it was a bit larger than I needed for work. The EDC courier is a perfect size and has many of the same features as the Gamut. The shoulder strap and waist belt stows away very well and is very adjustable. The padding inside for a tablet or small laptop is ample but there is still plenty of room for other items. The panel meant for a firearm works very well in conjuntion with the dedicated pull handle.
Excellent EDC Bag
By PracticalTacticalDad in NJ/ USA , 2 years ago
I was on the hunt for an EDC bag that was both practical and served a tactical purpose. However since I live in the suburbs, I also did not want anything that screamed tactical or drew unwarranted attention to itself.
In the end, I found the EDC Courier bag to be a perfect it and for multiple reasons.
1. The exterior look of the bag does not scream tactical at all. With that front panel up and not exposing the MOLLE, this bag looks just like any other messenger bag out there.
2. The 1911 bag strap is comfortable and easily adjustable to suit your fit. Also, the 1911 strap is so adaptable to hook on a attachments.
3. The waist strap is perfect if you need some extra protection against the bag from slipping around on your body. I also love how Vertx included little slots to hide the waist strap when not in use.
4. The exterior panel with the G hook straps is great for stowing a rain jacket or sweatshirt with you and the strap keeper is a nice addition to keep your straps together neatly.
5. Interior - tons of room and zippered mesh pockets makes it really easy to store and find your gear. Here is the main thing about the interior pocket. The laptop sleeve is big. In fact, it's big enough to house my 17' laptop however it does fit in there very snugly. In short, if you have a smaller laptop, you are golden to carry it around in there.
6. The EDC section of the bag serves a multitude of options. The biggest option is the ability to carry firearms and magazines discretely. However you can also use this section to carry important documents that you may not want to get crunched up in the main bag section.
My only con to the bag are the water bottle pockets on the sides. You can easily carry standard 16.9 fl oz water bottles and keep them secure with the shock cord. However anything bigger than that runs the risk of falling out. I have a 20 fl oz Kleen Canteen and I have seen it come loose. If need be, you could always add longer shock cord.
Great Tactical Briefcase for Professionals
By Oscar A. Huerta in California/USA! , 2 years ago
I had been looking for a briefcase that suits my EDC as well as extras and for a long time carried a leather satchel for my personal and professional use. I work as a paralegal in Los Angeles, CA and after much thought and youtube reviews I decided on the VERTX EDC Courier and have been delighted ever since. It has more than enough room for my laptop, Notepads, pens, IFAK, hook and loop that holds my mini Maglite and CKRT Heiho for personal defense with extra to spare. I highly recommend for those professionals that want the tactical feel without the tactical look. Great product VERTX!